Fortescue Community Grants
One way we invest in the community is through our Community Support program, which supports projects, groups and initiatives that have a positive impact on our Pilbara communities.
Small grants are available to eligible applicants to support community projects within the Town of Port Hedland, Shire of East Pilbara, Shire of Ashburton and City of Karratha. Eligibility is determined based on set criteria, outlined in our Community Overview section of the application form.
At Fortescue, we believe our community investments are much more meaningful when we proactively identify and develop projects with community partners whose values and program objectives are aligned with ours. Our focus is on community projects which embrace:
- Education and training
- Improving quality of life
- Encouraging healthy living;
- Indigenous capacity building
- Empowering community members and leaders
- Encouraging community involvement
- Opportunities and development for children and youth
- Connecting residents to their community
- Community safety
- Environmental responsibility
Grants are paid not retrospectively, therefore if the event or project has been completed, it is not possible to receive Fortescue funding.
Applying for Community Support
Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted from 1 March 2017 to 31 March 2017 inclusive. Applications are accepted via email to email@example.com or in person at the Fortescue Community Office.
If you require further information, please contact Fortescue Community.
Fortescue Community Office
- Phone: +61 8 9158 5800
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Fortescue Community Office - 1B/2 Byass Street, South Hedland