Indigenous employment is just one way Fortescue is unlocking the potential of the Pilbara.
The Indigenous Cadetship Support (ICS) program is an integral part of Fortescue’s commitment to increasing the employment of Indigenous people at our operations.
It is one of the many initiatives Fortescue supports to give Indigenous people career pathways and meaningful employment opportunities. In addition to Cadetships our FIVE STAR program includes Aboriginal School Based Traineeships, Work Based Traineeships, Secondary Scholarships & Tertiary Scholarships
Applications are now open for Perth based Cadetship placements.
Fortescue is seeking applications from current university students who are studying at an undergraduate level in any of the following areas:
Business, Accounting, Finance, Law, Legal Studies, Human Resources, Management, Economics, Transport & Logistics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical trades; or a Mining related field.
At Fortescue we understand that our people are the key to our success. We look for candidates who possess the following key attributes:
• An understanding of the importance of teamwork, generating ideas and working with integrity;
• Are energetic and determined;
• Have good communication and organisational skills, and
• Have a genuine interest to work within the mining sector.
Our successful Indigenous Cadets will receive:
• Paid work placement for 12 weeks per year (which is flexible and can be spaced throughout the year)
• Mentoring by experienced professionals
• Training and development opportunities
• The prospect of direct entry to the Fortescue Graduate Program or the opportunity to apply for permanent employment on completion of studies
• Access to Fortescue’s remuneration packages and employee benefits scheme.
For further information please contact the Aboriginal Engagement team on (08) 9230 1526 or via email email@example.com.